Happy Fall Y’all! I hope this Fall season finds you well. Fall in general has always held a special place in my heart. It kind of kicks off the holiday season, which my little heart just loves so very much. Families coming together, celebrations, yummy food, creative decorations…there’s just a change in the way things are. This year is our second October with our little. In just a few days he’ll be 1! I can’t believe how fast time is flying. It’s such a joy to watch this little man grow!
As Fall kicks into high gear hubs and I were talking about all the things we’d love to do, a Fall “Bucket List” shall we say. We don’t have any traditions ourselves yet so we are excited to create some as the time goes with our little family. I thought it would be fun to share our list and for you to add your own traditions and to-dos in the comments below!
- Apple Picking! Not sure if Matt would really get it yet but I think it’d still be fun!
- Pie making! I’m talking real homemade goodness. Apple? Pecan? Pumpkin Cheesecake? What would YOU choose?
- A corn maze! Again, this might be something that comes in a few years when Matt can really enjoy the idea of it and actually walk around himself.
- Pumpkin carving! Obvi we’ll carve the pumpkin for him but I can’t wait for him to get his hands on some pumpkin guts and explore the texture!
- Speaking of pumpkins…we’ll be roasting those seeds and munching on homemade pumpkin seeds. Anyone have a good recipe they’d like to share?
- Going on a “nature walk”. There’s a huge tree a few blocks away that sheds these gorgeous giant leaves. I’d love to take Matt there to gather a few (with our neighbors permission of course) and have him do some art or just explore the leaf itself.
- Enjoying delicious cider from a local place
- Having bonfires out in the backyard and roasting marshmallows.
- Wearing a coat and boots! Come on California get on track with the Fall weather lol.
So tell me what do YOU want to do this Fall? Do you have any traditions?
(Image courtesy of GoDaddy)